Job Title: Head of Department
Reports to: Principal
The purpose of the position:
The Head of Broadcast and Multimedia (BMM) Department will work under the supervision of the Principal of Pathshala South Asian Media Institute and will be responsible for the overall strategy for the BMM Department of Pathshala South Asian Media Institute.
- Assist the principal in providing the leadership of BMM Department.
- For special cases, s/he may clarify actions or present report to the members of the trustee board of Pathshala.
- Set goals for the BMM Department together with the principal and manage and lead the Department in order to achieve those goals for the department and for Pathshala as a whole.
- Develop curriculum for the BMM department of Pathshala South Asian Media Institute.
- Guide the team in the development and implementation of short and long-term courses, schedules and programme plans.
- Evaluate performance and the effectiveness of training programmes, provide recommendations for improvement and develop testing evaluation procedures.
- Discuss with the principal about major academic problems for the solutions and take steps accordingly.
- Represent the BMM department of Pathshala when and where necessary.
- Seek out interesting ideas and innovations through information, knowledge management; promote regional and international collaboration, team building and learning.
- Keep liaison with universities, funding & donor agency, media institutes, and other media organizations.
- Take classes as like a regular faculty member.
- Responsible for doing necessary discussion with academic council regarding course curriculum and others important matters.
- Exemplify and foster spiritual growth and personal leadership development for students on the faculty through the development of a meaningful relationship.
- Lead the organizational administration and future planning to reach an ultimate goal.
- Responsible for designing short & long course, training program after consulting with an academic council.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and skills
- Graduate level minimum with good spoken and written Bangla and English.
- At least 5-7 years of working experiences in related field.
- Sound ability to deal with programme and project development.
- Sound ability to develop training programme.
- Good network in the similar industry.
- Good analytical, planning and coordination skills
- Ability to be calm and organized under diverse pressure
- Have sound self-discipline and focus on self-development
- Be a flexible team player within Pathshala, sharing the vision and ethics
Other Benefits: As per company policy
Salary Range: Negotiable
Job Location: Dhaka
Interested candidate should apply with a CV and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2015.
Or Send at this address by ‘mentioning the post’ on the envelope:
Head of Human Resource Department
Pathshala South Asian Media Institute
16 Sukrabad, Panthapath, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh.
Telephone: (880-2) 9129847, 9136894-95